Updated instructions for Configuration ? (and error)

Sep 24, 2008 at 3:31 PM
This is a great and very needed tool.

It would be very nice if you could update the codeproject article so that the instructions use the last version, WCF service rather than asmx, and so on, more explanations on what must be in web.config.

(BTW, your sample uses " CodeBehind="../../../Clog/Source/Logging/ClientService/ClogService.svc.cs", but I think most people are going to use directly the dll)

I'm currently styck on this error  :
The underlying channel factory could not be created because no binding information was found in the configuration file for endpoint with name '*'.  Please check the endpoint configuration section with name '*' to ensure that binding information is present and correct.
in :
public ClogServiceClientChannel(System.ServiceModel.ClientBase<Orpius.Logging.ClientLogging.IClogService> client) :
                    base(client) {
            }

Thanks for any help you can give me :)
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2008 at 1:19 PM
GuillaumeJAY,

Yes, I need to update the articles. It’s on my mind. Although, with Silverlight 2 rc1 just out I am keen to update the codebase first.

The CodeBehind attribute won’t disturb compilation, it’s just for Visual Studio.

In regards to the error you are receiving, my advice is to check the ServiceReferences.ClientConfig to ensure its correctness. See the ExampleSilverlightProject for the example.

Thanks for your message, and your kind words.

Cheers,
Daniel