How to use Clog Silverlight in my project?

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM
I don't know how to use Clog. Could anyone briefly explain how to use Clog in your Silverlight project?

Well, at this stage, the only way I can get it work is to port my existing code to the "ExampleSilverlightProject" I downloaded. But how do I use it in my project? I try to configure my Web.config the same way as the sample project but I have one problem: in ClogService.svc, there's
<%@ ServiceHost Language="C#" Debug="true" Service="Orpius.Logging.ClogService" CodeBehind="../../../Clog/Source/Logging/ClientService/ClogService.svc.cs" %>
In my project I'm not supposed to reference ClogService.svc.cs directly right?

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Hi Renshao,

The CodeBehind attribute is only used by Visual Studio. You don't need it, and it can be safely removed.
That's right, you don't need to reference ClogService.svc.cs. You will, however, need to make the Orpius.Logging assembly, and a LogStrategy assembly (e.g. Log4NetLogStrategy) available to you web application. You can do this by adding a Reference to them.

Cheers,
Daniel
Nov 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the quick reply. So, if I'm right, I still have to create a service on server-side, called ClogService.svc, and the content of this file would be:
<%@ ServiceHost Language="C#" Debug="true" Service="Orpius.Logging.ClogService"  %>

Then I have to edit Web.config in the same way as it did in ExampleSilverlightProject ?

is that right?
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM
That's right.