OccuredAt null

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Hi,

Trying to use Clog pointing to a standalone WCF service with log4net as the strategy. (using MSSQL as the appender)

Everything from the Silverlight LogViewer says that a log entry has occured successfully however nothing gets entered into the database on the server.

I have narrowed this down to OccuredAt being null.  Checking deeper I noticed other properties such as MachineName are also null.

Can anyone suggest how to track down this problem.

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM

The non-population of OccuredAt will be fixed in the next release. Some properties such as MachineName are only available in scenarios where that information is available, and this depends on the WCF binding, ASP.NET Compatability mode being set etc.

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Ahh Thanks Daniel,

Just wondering if you are planning on releasing a SL3 version with client side caching. Was thinking that should the server not be available it could use isolated storage to house the Log's until reconnection.

Thanks Daniel.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I wasn't planning to, but as you've drawn my attention to it, and it's a frequently requested feature, I will. Whether or not it will be in the next release though, I can't say. I am in the process of adapting my Calcium project to support Silverlight, so if I can find some time in between things then I will do it.

Thanks for your message.