SL4: Possible to use CLOG over Ria Services in Silverlight 4?

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if it is (or can be made) possible to use Clog as a client logger for Silverlight 4.0, by using Ria domain services to send the messages over to the server, instead of the .svc servicehost provided in the examples?

Has it been tried before, or any guidance on how it might be implemented, as I don't have a clue atm on how to work it out atm?

Best regards,

Wouter

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM

For some reason I didn't receive notification of your message. Sorry about that.

I've created a work item for it. I have had one other request for this functionality.

Cheers,

Daniel

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Hi Daniel,

I would like to know whether there's any progress in supporting Silverlight 4 with WCF RIA Services?

The work item you mentionned is still open and a person told that he successfully compiled the Clog project against runtime 4.0 silverlight 4.0 after making very minor corrections, but without telling any more details.

Thanks.

Adriano

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Hi Adriano,

I have not done any work on this feature yet. I do, however, recognize that many want it, so this will affect feature priorities for a future release.

My priority at the moment is Calcium for WP7 and improved support for Calcium SL.

Cheers,

Daniel

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your answer.

I just spoke this afternoon with Laurent Bugnion who was pretty sure that Clog is compatible with SL4 and RIA Services, and that's the reason I returned on the Clog codeplex site.

No problem, for the moment I have implemented a Logging Domain Service with just a simple Log method to do a basic logging from the client.

Sincerely,
Adriano

Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:09 PM
To: Adriano Labate
Subject: Re: SL4: Possible to use CLOG over Ria Services in Silverlight 4? [Clog:80446]

Hi Adriano,

I have not done any work on this feature yet. I do, however, recognize that many want it, so this will affect feature priorities for a future release.

My priority at the moment is Calcium for WP7 and improved support for Calcium SL.

Cheers,

Daniel

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Clog@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Clog@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com